Ads Top

Why I Don't Like Energy-Efficient Light Bulbs

The theory is that traditional (incandescent) light bulbs waste lots of energy by producing more heat than light. Let's look at the bigger picture. I'm a big fan of saving energy: I go shopping with my car just once a month, I keep the thermostat at 50 degrees, I turn off lights when I leave the room. By far my biggest energy expense here in Massachusetts is heating my house. Ideally, I'd like to heat just the part of the house where I am. I accomplish this partly with space heaters, but it's hard to have them everywhere. It would be nice if there were little heat sources all around the house that would come on when I go there -- and there are! They're called incandescent light bulbs. They help keep my big heating bill down from October through May.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.