Ads Top

Make Your Dumb Lights Smarter

Much to my family's chagrin, I'm on a mission to change every light in our house into smart lights. While in my mind, the result is a perfectly behaved voice-response lighting system that I can trigger with an Alexa command, the reality is less successful. Every new bulb has its own app. Some lights have bridges to install. Some work perfectly with Alexa, others react oddly to common commands.Then there are the track lights in the kitchen and the chandelier in the dining room, both of which use bulbs for which there simply aren't smart replacements. For those, what I need is to not replace the bulbs, but find a way to make the switch smarter (which would be helpful since Alexa often ignores my wife's commands and she ends up using the wall switch anyway).

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.